Greenspoon Marder’s Mediation Practice Group includes attorneys who are certified by the State of Florida Supreme Court to act as a neutral third party who acts to encourage and facilitate the resolution of a dispute between two or more parties. This informal and non-adversarial process helps the disputing parties reach a mutually acceptable and voluntary agreement.
The role of the mediator is to assist the parties in identifying issues, fostering joint problem solving, creating a safe and comfortable environment for the free exchange of ideas and airing differences, as well as exploring settlement alternatives. The mediator is not a judge, does not make rulings, and does not evaluate the case or take sides in the process. The role of the mediator is to manage the process through which parties resolve their conflict, and not to decide how the conflict should be resolved.
Mediation offers several advantages:
- Elimination of the uncertainly of jury trials
- High success rate in reaching settlement
- Immediate closure and certainty
- Limited or reduced costs and appeals
- Mediation participants are the authors of the terms of settlement
- No further investment in time and money
- Payment of settlement proceeds in thirty (30) days
All civil disputes are conducive to the mediation process. These would include:
- Commercial Matters
- Construction Disputes
- Family Matters
- Insurance Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability (Legal, Accounting and Medical)
- Real Estate Disputes
- Wills and Estate Matters
As a full-service law firm, Greenspoon Marder's Mediation Group may draw on the experience and expertise of attorneys in other practice areas including: Real Estate; Corporate & Business; Family & Matromonial;Personal Injury & Product Liability; Wills, Trusts & Estates; and more.