In recent years there has been a proliferation of investments by foreign individuals and entities in Florida, as well as business opportunities for U.S. taxpayers overseas.
Our clients include:
- Closely held businesses headquartered in the U.S. with foreign operations;
- Closely held businesses headquartered outside the U.S. with U.S. operations;
- Law firms & accounting firms that have clients with the above types of activities;
- Non-resident aliens with U.S. business and/or investment activities;
- Non-resident aliens that own U.S. real estate;
- Publicly traded corporations with cross-border activities; and
- U.S. citizens and residents with non-U.S. business and/or investment activities.
As a result of representing clients in various international tax matters, we are skilled in:
- Analyzing and structuring foreign and domestic entities and transactions for foreign taxpayers conducting business in the U.S., in order to minimize worldwide estate and income tax exposure;
- Valuating and structuring foreign and domestic entities and transactions for U.S. taxpayers conducting business overseas; and
- Counseling clients on tax compliance matters in the U.S. and abroad.
As a full service law firm, Greenspoon Marder's International Taxation attorneys have the ability to seamlessly draw on the expertise of attorneys in other practice area groups within the firm, such as: Immigration; Taxation;Wills, Trusts & Estates; Real Estate; Corporate & Business; Finance & Transactions; and Litigation.