Mr. Bolf, a Fort Lauderdale native, began his practice with Ruden McClosky in 1984. The majority of Mr. Bolf’s practice is litigation involving real estate (condemnation, valuations, easement, and bond validation proceedings). He has successfully represented hundreds of business and property owners in their condemnation and inverse condemnation matters. Mr. Bolf has spoken at numerous condemnation and related seminars, including before the Florida Department of Transportation, the Association of Eminent Domain Professionals, and The Florida Bar Eminent Domain Committee.
Eminent Domain (condemnation), including inverse condemnation, is the focus of Mr. Bolf's practice, with zoning issues and general commercial litigation rounding out his practice. His condemnation clients include shopping centers, apartment complexes, major retailers, developers, hotels, nurseries, banks, and a broad spectrum of other businesses. Mr. Bolf also serves as condemnation counsel to local government entities. The condemnation practice is active statewide, with many cases in Central Florida and on both coasts.
Mr. Bolf's accounting/business background enables him to analyze business damages, financial statements, income tax returns, and similar financial information. His focus on condemnation law, coupled with his service on the City of Plantation Zoning Board, has given Mr. Bolf broad exposure to land use and zoning issues, as well as property and business valuations. Mr. Bolf has also lectured on easement law. Mr. Bolf has been recognized in Florida Super Lawyers 2007-2010 in the area of Eminent Domain Law, and named among the "Best Lawyers in America 2010." He is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- All Florida State Courts
- Federal Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., with high honors and Order of the Coif, University of Florida, 1984, Law Review
- B.S., Accounting, with high honors, Universityof Florida, 1981
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Broward County Trial Lawyers Association
- City of Plantation Zoning Board, former member
- The Florida Bar, Eminent Domain Committee
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, Eminent Domain and Condemnation, 2012
- Florida Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazine, Eminent Domain, 2007 - 2012