As a member of Greenspoon Marder’s Land Use & Zoning and Governmental Practice Groups, Ms. Motley concentrates her practice in the areas of governmental approvals including zoning, land use and environmental law.
Ms. Motley has represented many developers, national retailers, banks and pension funds in seeking development approvals. She has represented clients before governmental bodies on both the state and local levels. She also assists our real estate lawyers on major transactional matters with primary responsibility for the due diligence review of the status of development approvals.
Ms. Motley's background and experience in commercial litigation, including zoning and land use litigation, brings added knowledge to her work. She has represented developers in obtaining approvals for many developments of regional impact; working on these projects from their inception through approval and subsequent modifications.
She also has been involved in the annexation of various properties into municipalities and the preparation of the appropriate annexation agreements to ensure the desired development of the property. Ms. Motley's practice ranges from obtaining approvals for large residential and commercial projects, vested rights determinations, sign approvals, variances, special exceptions as well as code enforcement matters.
Ms. Motley is a member of The Florida Bar and its Land Use and Environmental Law Section as well as various community service boards. She is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell, and has been recognized as a "Legal Elite" by Florida Trend 2011.
- J.D., cum laude, Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad School of Law, 1984
- M.A., InterAmerican University, 1970
- B.A., Marymount College, 1966
- The Florida Bar, Land Use and Environmental Law Section
- Board of Soroptimist International/Lighthouse Point/Pompano Chapter
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2011