Robby H. Birnbaum was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He was admitted to the Florida and Wisconsin Bars in 1999. He is also admitted to the United States District Courts for the Southern District of Florida and Western District of Wisconsin.
Mr. Birnbaum earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Wisconsin, double majoring in Political Science and English. He went on to earn his Juris Doctorate from the University of Wisconsin Law School. During his graduate studies, Mr. Birnbaum interned for Justice William Bablitch of the Wisconsin Supreme Court. He was also a member of the Wisconsin International Law Journal and clerked for Judge Jeffery Wagner in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
Mr. Birnbaum is a member of the Broward County, Palm Beach County, Florida, Wisconsin, and American Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Telemarketing, Internet and Privacy Subcommittee that serves the American Resort Development Association. Mr. Birnbaum was a Finalist, selected for the 2006 Up & Comers Award, by The South Florida Business Journal.
He focuses extensively on regulatory practices for credit counseling and debt settlement agencies, marketing and advertising regulation, and regulatory compliance.
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin (J.D.)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A.)
Professional and Community Involvement:
- President, The Association of Settlement Companies, 2009-present
- Member, Information Privacy Sub-Committee, The Association of Resort Developers
- Panelist and Speaker, National Association of Attorney Generals, 2009
- Speaker, National Association of Collections Agency Regulators, 2009
- Panelist, Credit and Collections Risk Conference, 2010
- Keynote Speaker, Debt Settlement Leadership Conference, 2010
- Speaker, The Association of Credit Counseling Professionals, 2009, 2010
- Speaker, American Association of Debt Management Professionals, 2006-2009
- Speaker, United State Association of Bankruptcy Alternatives, 2006-2010
- 40 Under 40, South Florida Business Journal, 2012
- Florida Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, Magazine, 2012
- Top Up & Comers, South Florida Legal Guide, 2009 - 2011
- Most Effective Lawyers, Daily Business Review, 2009 - 2010
- Up & Comers, South Florida Business Journal, 2006