Peter R. Siegel was born in Cleveland, Ohio. He is a 1989 honors graduate of Columbia University, earning a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History. He received his Juris Doctor Degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1993, where he was selected as a member of the National Moot Court Team.
Mr. Siegel practices in the area of labor and employment law and commercial litigation. He represents employers and employees in litigating the full range of workplace issues, including wrongful discharge, non-compete agreements, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992. Mr. Siegel counsels employers on all aspects of the employment relationship including interviewing, hiring, employee discipline and discharge issues, and the drafting and negotiating of employment and severance agreements. He also performs legal audits of client workplaces to evaluate compliance issues, conducts training for employees and management, and frequently lectures to business groups, human resource managers, and legal professionals on such topical issues as how to reduce the risk of employment litigation. Mr. Siegel is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, and the Society for Human Resource Management. He is also serving a three-year term on the Florida Bar's Federal Court Practice Committee.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio (J.D.)
- Columbia University, New York, New York (B.A. with Honors)
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Top Lawyers, South Florida Legal Guide, 2009, 2011