Mr. Slavis concentrates his practice in commercial real estate transactions with a primary focus in the areas of financing and leasing. He also has extensive experience in representing buyers, sellers, lessors, lessees, and institutional lenders in all types of commercial real estate transactions.
Mr. Slavis has handled workouts involving high-rise condominiums, multi-family townhome projects, large single family residential developments as well as non-real estate related business loans; forbearance agreements; and disposition of REO properties for financial institutions. He also has significant experience representing financial institutions in the leasing of retail bank branches and loan origination offices.
Mr. Slavis has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America, 2009-2012,, and has been named as a "Top Lawyer" in the South Florida Legal Guide, 2009 and 2010.
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, 1976
- B.A. cum laude, Union College, 1973
- United Cerebral Palsy of South Florida, Board of Directors
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, Real Estate, 2009-2012
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2009 & 2010