Ms. Dreyer concentrates her practice in the representation of clients on zoning and land use matters and with regard to other issues involving local government. She is Board Certified by The Florida Bar as a City, County and Local Government Law specialist.
Ms. Dreyer has represented large and small developers and landowners in obtaining approvals for development projects of all sizes and types, including developments of regional impact, rezonings, site plan approvals, vested rights determinations, comprehensive plan amendments and annexations. She also handles related issues such as impact fees, drafting of property owners association documents, requests for tax abatement and negotiation and drafting of various agreements.
From 1986-1995, Ms. Dreyer served as County Attorney for the Board of County Commissioners, Martin County, and has extensive experience in all types of local government matters including government contracts and procurement. She has also served as general counsel to a variety of other governmental entities, including the Martin County Children's Services Council, the Fort Pierce Police Pension Board and the St. Lucie County Fire District Supplemental Pension Board. She served as a member of the St. Lucie County Planning and Zoning Commission/Local Planning Agency from 1998-2000.
While attending law school, Ms. Dreyer served on the Board of Editors of the Cleveland State Law Review.
Ms. Dreyer is actively involved in economic development activities and has served on the Board of Directors of both the St. Lucie County Economic Development Council and of the Economic Council of Martin County and as president of the St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce.
Ms. Dreyer was named among Florida Super Lawyers 2006 and is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- U.S. District Courts, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., cum laude, Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1975
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University, 1971
- Economic Council of Martin County, Board of Directors, Membership Chair
- Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County
- The Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law; City, County and Local Government Law; and Real Property Probate and Trust Law Sections
- The Florida Bar, Governmental Regulation Committee
- Port St. Lucie Bar Association
- St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce, President, 2000-2001
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Florida Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, Land Use & Zoning, Governmental and Environmental, 2006