Mr. Krul has experience in all areas of the finance department including mergers and acquisitions, securities and municipal finance transactions.
During the first eight years of his practice -- initially with a large Wall Street firm and then with Ruden McClosky -- Mr. Krul focused on litigation, defending corporations in complex securities, antitrust or other business related lawsuits. This experience enabled him to develop substantial familiarity with state and federal securities, antitrust and other business regulatory laws. It also provided him with a unique perspective on how to minimize the risk of subsequent litigation in a business transaction and maximize the client’s position should litigation ensue.
Mr. Krul has represented both buyers and sellers in a multitude of merger and acquisition transactions, including numerous deals in the $50-150 million range. Whether representing buyers or sellers, Mr. Krul’s primary goal is to use his knowledge and experience to resolve the inevitable issues that arise in any transaction so that the parties can close the deal on mutually acceptable terms. He takes pride in being a “deal maker,” not a “deal breaker.”
Mr. Krul also has substantial experience in dealing with securities laws. He has represented issuers and underwriters in securities financings, including private placements and public offerings. In addition, he has advised clients on a host of other securities laws issues, such as stock option plans, insider trading issues, public company disclosure requirements, ’34 Act reporting, Rule 144 resale requirements and broker-dealer regulatory issues. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Krul was employed by the New York Stock Exchange and, as an attorney, served for many years as an arbitrator for the National Association of Securities Dealers.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1973
- B.A., State University of New York, Buffalo, 1969
- The Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- The Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council
- West Broward Estate Planning Council
- The Florida Bar Association
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, Corporate, 2011