Mr. Grant is a Florida Bar Board Certified expert in Real Estate Law who concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate acquisition and development, condominium and homeowner association documentation, commercial leasing, workouts and commercial lending. He has represented thousands of clients in the acquisition, financing and development of residential, commercial and industrial properties. Mr. Grant has a statewide reputation as a specialist in the area of large residential, commercial, hotel, and mixed use developments. In addition to representing developers and other purchasers and sellers of real estate, Mr. Grant serves as counsel to country clubs, condominium and homeowner associations.
Mr. Grant served as Co-Chairman of the Condominium and Planned Development Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar. He is a frequent lecturer for The Florida Bar and the University of Miami Institute on Condominium and Cluster Developments, and serves as a faculty member of that Institute. He has also lectured on the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988 for the American Bar Association at its annual convention and for Multi-Housing World at its annual convention.
Mr. Grant authored a chapter in The Florida Bar's treatise, Condominium and Homeowners' Association Law and Practice and wrote two articles published in The Nova Law Review, one entitled: 'Ocean Trail Unit Owners Association, Inc. v. Mead: Democracy or Tyranny - The Supreme Court of Florida Properly Finds in Favor of Condominium Board' and the other entitled: "RIS Investment Group, Inc. v. Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes: Condominium Associations Cheated: The Fourth District Denies Assessments Imposed upon Developer-Owned Unconstructed Condominium Units."
In April 2008, Mr. Grant was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL), and presently serves as Secretary of its Common Interest Ownership Committee. Mr. Grant is a former Member of the Board of Directors of the United Jewish Community of Broward County and, in addition, served as Chairman of its Business and Professional Division. He is a past President of The Wharton School Club of South Florida; past Chairman of the Motion Picture and Television Task Force of the Broward Economic Development Council, Inc.; past Chairman of the Advisory Board and past President of the Broward County Film Society. He has also served as Chairperson and Special Advisor to the Downtown Fort Lauderdale Transportation Management Association.
An AV Preeminent rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Grant has been recommended by The Legal 500 US 2009 for Florida Real Estate and Construction related work in the areas of development, leasing and finance and has been consistently recognized as a "Top Lawyer" in the South Florida Legal Guide from 2002-2011; in Florida Super Lawyers 2006-2011; Best Lawyers in America 2005-2012; and Florida Trend Legal Elite 2006-2008 and 2011. In 2005 and 2006, he was named to the South Florida Business Journal's Best of the Bar.
- The Florida Bar
- The New York Bar
- J.D., St. John's University School of Law, 1972
- B.S., Wharton School of Finance, University of Pennsylvania, 1968
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Secretary, Common Interest Ownership Committee
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Investors Council of the Broward Alliance, Past Chair
- United Jewish Community of Broward County (UJCBC), Past Member, Board of Directors
- UJCBC, Business and Professional Division, Past Chair
- Wharton School Club of South Florida, Past Member, Board of Directors
- AIPAC, Co-Chair of Downtown Council and Member of Executive Council
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Top Lawyers, South Florida Legal Guide, 2002 - 2011
- Florida Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2006 - 2012
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, 2005 - 2012
- Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2006 - 2008, 2011
- Best of the Bar, South Florida Business Journal, 2005 - 2006
- The Legal 500, U.S. Edition, Real Estate & Construction, 2009
- CIRA's Common Interest Realty Associations Conference
- Distressed Multi-Family and Fractured Condominium Symposium: Practical Applications in Today’s Market
- ACREL's March 2012 Meeting - Hotel Condominiums