Mitch Adler is a shareholder with Greenspoon Marder's Commercial Litigation Group. He has more than 25 years of litigation experience trying cases throughout the state of Florida, and representing clients in appeals. In addition to general complex litigation matters, Mr. Adler's litigation practice focuses on business disputes, real estate litigation and probate/trust litigation. Mitch also handles creditors' rights litigation and has represented clients in business, corporate and partnership matters; commercial litigation; employment litigation; and construction disputes. He has extensive experience in real estate litigation including complex foreclosures, lender liability claims, quiet title and partition matters, and easement/property disputes. He also has substantial experience in probate and trust litigation, including will contests.
- Successfully defended employee sales representative in litigation brought by national concrete pipe manufacturer for theft of trade secrets and permanent injunction. Successfully defended appeal of lower court final judgment in favor of employee.
- Successfully defended owner of undeveloped parcel of industrial warehouse zoned property, in Ft. Lauderdale Airport I-95 Corridor, in specific performance lawsuit at trial, and on appeal.
- Obtained million plus dollar settlement for trust beneficiaries and removal of trustee in litigation brought against trustee for self-dealing and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Recovered purchase price in suit for fraudulent inducement based on undisclosed lameness issues, brought by equestrian purchaser against trainer/seller
- Obtained distribution of contested trust funds for two charitable organizations, in litigation involving trustee mismanagement.
- Negotiated substantial monetary settlement in favor of former employee, in lawsuit brought by major shopping center developer for theft of trade secrets.
- Prevailed at trial in case brought against sole beneficiary of Estate in Will contest filed by decedents' children, on grounds of undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity.
- Successfully defended sibling Trustee in trust litigation instituted by family for breach of fiduciary duties.
- Recovered million dollar judgment against former founder of national retail mattress chain, in lawsuit for breach of contract, instituted by consultant that developed business marketing plan.
- Successfully defended general contractor against liability for construction defects in lawsuit involving statutory and contractual claims by condominium association.
- Florida, 1984
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Eleventh Circuit, Court of Appeals
- New York Law School, New York, New York, J.D., 1984
- State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York, B.A., 1977
- Broward College, Adjunct Faculty Member, Department of Business Administration, Paralegal Studies, 2009-Present
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Top Lawyers, South Florida Legal Guide, 2003-2011