Mary Beth Clark was born in Springfield, Missouri and moved to Florida in 1999 to pursue an undergraduate degree at the University of Miami where she graduated cum laude from the Honors Program, receiving the Book Award for the highest G.P.A. in the History major. While at the University of Miami, Ms. Clark served as Student Body Secretary, two terms as Greek Week Chair, and as the Secretary and Vice-President of the Panhellenic Association. Between her years at the University of Miami, Ms. Clark interned for the Mark Kennedy Shriver Congressional and Kathleen Kennedy Townsend Gubernatorial campaigns in Maryland, and with the Walt Disney World College Program as an Attractions Hostess in Tomorrowland of the Magic Kingdom.
Ms. Clark earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law, cum laude. At the University of Miami School of Law, Ms. Clark received Book Awards (highest grade in the course) for Civil Procedure II and Constitutional Law II. Ms. Clark also served as an intern and Peter Palermo Fellow for the Center for Ethics and Public Service with the Children & Youth Law Clinic, where she represented foster children in dependency and immigration proceedings. Additionally, Ms. Clark was a research assistant for the late professor Bruce Winick, a staff editor on the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review, and was published in the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review for an article concerning domestic violence in Haitian culture and the Violence Against Women Act.
After law school, Ms. Clark was chosen as a Greenberg Traurig/Florida Bar Foundation Equal Justice Works Fellow for her original project partnering Legal Aid Service of Broward County with Women in Distress, Inc. to provide holistic advocacy under the Violence Against Women Act to immigrant women and children who fell victim to domestic violence and child abuse. Ms. Clark was subsequently published by the University of Maryland Law Journal of Race, Religion, Gender and Class for additional scholarship related to the Violence Against Women Act.
Ms. Clark's practice focuses on class action defense, commercial litigation, labor & employment, and civil litigation.
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Bar Admissions and Activities:
- University of Miami – Coral Gables, Florida Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science Cum Laude, 2003
- University of Miami School of Law – Coral Gables, Florida Juris Doctor Cum Laude, 2006
- Palm Beach 'Canes Club (University of Miami Alumni Club for Palm Beach County); Past President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Chair of Athletic Programming, Habitat for Humanity Chair
- Junior League of the Palm Beaches and Junior League of Boca Raton; Habitat for Humanity Chair, Mounts Botanical Children's Festival Chair
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Alumni Association of Broward County; Past President