Laurence I. Blair is one of a select group of lawyers certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in Wills, Trusts & Estates Law, which is the highest such rating of an attorney's special knowledge, skills, and proficiency in a specific area of law and for professionalism and ethics in practice. He also holds a Masters of Laws degree in Taxation.
With nearly 20 years of experience, Mr. Blair has the extensive knowledge and expertise required to handle a wide range of matters, from the seemingly straightforward trust to the most complicated tax and estate issues, including those involving business corporations. Mr. Blair is an award-winning attorney known for his divergent thinking and novel, yet solid, solutions to client challenges. He represents individuals, families, and business owners, focusing on comprehensive needs and goals, both short and long term, in order to pro-actively plan for his clients' continued success.
A well-known community leader, Mr. Blair is actively involved in charitable organizations which benefit underserved children and families. He is a shareholder at Greenspoon Marder and has been with the firm since the 2005 merger of Abrams Anton, a well-respected Hollywood, Florida firm of 50 years.
Areas of Practice:
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Corporate Law
Bar Admissions & Activities
- The Florida Bar, Certification in Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Broward County Bar Association, Tax Section
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- University of Miami (LL.M.)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D.)
- Tulane University, Murphy Institute of Political Economy (B.A.)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Broward County Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning Council of Boca Raton
- Ruth Rales Jewish Family Service of South Palm Beach County, Inc., Chair
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County, Inc., Executive Board, Member of Metro Division & Professional Advisory Committee
- Morikami IB Foundation, Board of Directors
- UJC, National Young Leadership Cabinet
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report, 2011 - 2012
- Florida Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012
- Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2012
- James and Marjorie Baer Outstanding Young Leadership Award, Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County, 2011