Joel L. Shulman is a member of Greenspoon Marder's Litigation Group. He has more than 10 years experience practicing in both federal and state courts on a variety of matters arising mainly from commercial transactions. Mr. Shulman's litigation practice focuses on corporate, business, and real estate litigation. He has defended large property developers in the South Florida region, obtaining extensive experience with the Federal Interstate Land Sales Act (ILSA) and consequent issues.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Shulman worked in the area of insurance defense, with a primary focus on defending claims arising from alleged violations of the U.S. Constitution.
- Counseled clients on a variety of matters concerning the Federal Interstate Land Sales Act
- Assisted with litigation resulting in a favorable verdict for a developer client and which, on appeal, established a new guideline respecting the analysis and interpretation of Florida's Condominium Statute
- Represented multiple large, well established law firms in the South Florida region in connection with the defense of legal malpractice claims
- Represented multiple financial institutions in a variety of civil matters
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Property Developers
- Law Firms/Legal
- Florida, all state courts
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeal, Eleventh Circuit
- Massachusetts, all state courts
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL, J.D. (cum laude), 2000
- Ithaca College, Ithaca, N.Y., B.A. (cum laude), 1994