Mr. Farquhar's primary area of practice is real estate law with emphasis on real estate development, loan workouts, financing, leasing, and acquisition.
Mr. Farquhar has represented both lenders and developers in loan workouts, and been the lead attorney for the development of master planned communities with bundled golf courses and membership golf courses. Mr. Farquhar has prepared the condominium documents for both luxury condominium communities and for conversions of more affordably priced communities.
Mr. Farquhar has been the lead attorney in obtaining the necessary local, regional and state approvals for the DRI for the 400,000 square foot expansion of the Coastland Center Regional Mall in Naples. He also has been responsible for the preparation of documents and the negotiations for the acquisition, changes in land use plan, changes in zoning, financing, platting, and various other matters relating to the purchase, development and sale of a 600-acre tract of unimproved land in Broward County, Florida.
Mr. Farquhar also has been the lead attorney in the acquisition, development and financing of an environmentally sensitive island for development of exclusive single family home sites in Collier County.
Mr. Farquhar is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1975
- B.A., St. Lawrence University, 1972
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Collier County Bar Association
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."