Mr. Pelzer is Board Certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in Appellate Law and is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He handles appeals on all substantive subject matters.
Matters handled by Mr. Pelzer include such diverse areas as:
- Administrative Law
- Ad Valorem Taxation
- Bond Validations
- Constitutional Law
- Death Penalty Habeas Corpus
- Domestic Relations
- Land Use
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Title
He is not only responsible for appeals generated from within the Firm's broad-based litigation department, but also accepts appeals as well as pre- and post-trial appellate consultation from outside the Firm. Strict client protection is provided for referring counsel. Mr. Pelzer's membership on the Appellate Rules Committee of The Florida Bar, along with his experience as a trial lawyer, provide him with a clear perspective on the unique nature of appellate practice, and the pitfalls it may present.
In addition to appellate practice, Mr. Pelzer counsels and represents clients at all stages of ad valorem real and personal property tax challenges. This includes representation from the earliest pre-assessment negotiations, through administrative hearings, trials de novo and appellate review.
Mr. Pelzer was recently appointed to serve on The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization & Education for a three year term. He has been recognized in Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2011, as well as Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2011.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal, First, Second, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., cum laude, Tulane University School of Law, 1983
- B.A., cum laude, Stetson University, 1980
- The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization & Education
- The Florida Bar, Appellate Rules Committee, Past Chairman Appellate Practice Certification Committee
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, Appellate, 2008 - 2012
- Florida Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazine, Appellate, 2006 - 2012