Haas Hatic is an AV® Preeminent™ attorney and a shareholder with Greenspoon Marder's Complex Litigation Group. He has more than 20 years of federal and state court litigation experience at both the trial and appellate levels. In addition to general complex litigation matters, Mr. Hatic's practice focuses on defending businesses in all types of commercial and class action litigation and arbitration across the country.
Mr. Hatic has defended class action claims brought under state consumer protection and unfair trade and deceptive practices statutes in more than a dozen jurisdictions, as well as class claims brought under RICO, the FDCPA, RESPA, TILA, TCPA, Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Credit Repair Organizations Act, and other statutory based claims. Mr. Hatic also has significant experience in counseling and defending businesses in employment law matters brought under Title VII, FLSA, ADA and ADEA. He has represented manufacturing industries with respect to regulatory matters and has advised technology companies with respect to intellectual property and contract matters.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Hatic served as an associate professor at a major university teaching constitutional law, judicial process and other courses relating to government and policy analysis.
- Representing and defending business and highly compensated individuals in all aspects of commercial and consumer actions under federal and state statutory claims
- Providing businesses with a full-range of employment-related legal services, including defending lawsuits involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour, breach of contracts, severance, employee benefits, non-competition, confidentiality, trade secrets, whistle-blower, invasion of privacy, and defamation claims
- Representing financial institutions and other consumer financial services companies in a broad array of litigation, governmental investigations, enforcement actions, regulatory matters and class action litigation and arbitration
- Counseling and guiding information technology, development and software companies, vendors and users regarding intellectual property and contracting issues
- Counseling manufacturing concerns on OSHA and other regulatory issues
- Addressing legal issues Motor Vehicle Dealers, Aviation Sales and Charter businesses, and Yacht Sales and Charter businesses face in all aspects of operations, employment and regulatory matters as well as litigation defense of commercial and consumer claims
- Representing a broad range of domestic and foreign corporations
- Financial Institutions and Financial Services Companies
- Motor Vehicle Dealership Operations
- Information Technology, and Software Developers
- Aviation and Yacht Sales and Charters
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- All Florida State Courts
- USDC, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida (J.D.)
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio (PhD. Policy Analysis)
- Co-author, "State Education Reform: Crisis and Consensus", 3 (3) Educational Policy Journal SUNY, 1989
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Past Chair, Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, Broward County
- USA Swimming, Florida Gold Coast, Official and Chairman Board of Review
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Legal Elite, Florida Trend, 2008
- Most Effective Lawyers, Daily Business Review, 2010