Greg Blodig is a shareholder with Greenspoon Marder's Corporate and Tax Groups. He has more than 30 years of transactional experience representing business clients and entities throughout their formations, expansions, sales and liquidations. Mr. Blodig's transactional practice includes general and complex agreements for businesses, their owners, employees and operations. In addition, his practice includes tax planning and representing clients before the Florida Department of Revenue and Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Blodig works with clients and their other advisors to identify and structure tax issues which arise in transactions.
Greg Blodig has practiced with Greenspoon Marder since 1995.
- Assists purchasers and sellers of businesses, which includes mergers and acquisitions.
- Represents multiple financial institutions in asset-based loan transactions and forbearance agreements.
- Counsels clients on all forms of entity formations and reorganizations, including corporations, professional associations, partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies (both domestic and foreign).
- Represents franchisors, franchisees, dealers and distributors.
- Assists clients to protect their intellectual property rights, including securing trademarks, service marks, license agreements and agreements restricting competition.
- Counsels numerous clients for syndications and preparation of private placement offering circulars.
- Defends clients in tax audits and protests before the Internal Revenue Service and Florida Department of Revenue.
- Assists clients to prepare buy-sell agreements, including shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, and operating agreements to plan for financial needs, disputes and ownership changes.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, Nebraska
Bachelor of Arts (Economics and Accounting)
Magna Cum Laude 1975
- Creighton University School of Law – Omaha, Nebraska
Juris Doctor 1978
- University of Miami School of Law – Coral Gables, Florida
Master of Laws in Taxation 1979
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."