Known as a visionary, Gerald (Gerry) Greenspoon co-founded Greenspoon Marder in 1981 with a handshake over a kitchen table. Today, the firm has 140 attorneys practicing more than 40 areas of law, plus 400 staff, in 11 offices throughout Florida. While the firm offers a wide range of services, Mr. Greenspoon has gained national attention for himself and Greenspoon Marder for his work in the areas of real estate development, resort and timeshare development, condominium conversions, and finance and transactions. He works closely with developers and investors of some of the largest developments in Florida and throughout the United States, offering not only legal advice but also keen insight into the industry and access to invaluable resources. Thanks to Mr. Greenspoon's vision, foresight, and commitment to client service, Greenspoon Marder continues to experience strong growth and prosperity, as it has for 30 years.
Mr. Greenspoon is a member of The Florida Bar in the Sections of Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law; the American Bar Association in the Sections of Taxation, Real Property, and Economics; the American Bar Association as Legal Advisory Technology Council; and of the Province of Quebec in the Section on Taxation.
He is rated AV® Preeminent ™, which is the highest rating awarded by the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. Mr. Greenspoon is also named among Florida's Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers Magazine, Best Lawyers in America as published in U.S. News and World Report, and Top Layers from the South Florida Legal Guide. In addition, he has been recognized by some of South Florida’s top business leaders as an inductee into the 2012 Business Hall of Fame sponsored by Junior Achievement of South Florida. The South Florida Business Journal has honored Mr. Greenspoon with a Lifetime Achievement Award, Key Partner Award and Diamond Award, and Business Leader Magazine named him one of the Top 50 Entrepreneurs in 2010.
An involved supporter of the South Florida community, Mr. Greenspoon is a Major Gifts donor and Corporate Partner to the Jewish Federation of Broward County, which has also honored him with the prestigious Jacob's Ladder Award; a Major Gifts donor and Investor's Circle member with Junior Achievement of South Florida; a Major Gifts donor and Founders' Circle member with Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options (JAFCO); a Founding Trustee of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce; a Trustee Member of the American Resort Development Association; and a member of the Florida Land Title Association.
Mr. Greenspoon earned his Juris Doctor at Nova Southeastern University School of Law in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, his License of Laws at the University of Ottawa, and a Bachelor of Commerce from Sir George Williams University in Montreal, Canada.
Bar Admissions and Activities:
- The Florida Bar, Sections of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- American Bar Association, Sections of Taxation, Real Property, and Economics
- American Bar Association, Legal Advisory Technology Council
- Province of Quebec, Section on Taxation
- Nova University, Fort Lauderdale, FL, J.D.
- University of Ottawa, Canada, License of Laws
- Sir George Williams University, Montreal, Canada, Bachelor of Commerce
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options (JAFCO), Founders' Circle and Major Gifts
- Jewish Federation of Broward County, Corporate Partner and Major Gifts
- Junior Achievement of South Florida, Investor's Circle and Major Gifts
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, Founding Trustee
- American Resort Development Association, Trustee member
- Florida Land Title Association
- Broward Workshop
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report, 2006-2012
- Top Lawyers, South Florida Legal Guide, 2009-2012
- Business Hall of Fame, Junior Achievement of South Florida, 2012
- Top 100 Power Leaders, South Florida Business Journal, 2012
- Florida Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2006-2011
- Top 50 Entrepreneurs, Business Leader, 2010
- Diamond Awards, South Florida Business Journal, 2006
- Lifetime Achievement Award, South Florida Business Journal, 2006