Franklin Homer is a member of Greenspoon Marder's Complex Commercial Litigation Group. He has experience at both the trial and appellate levels, as well as in handling arbitrations. In addition to general litigation matters, Mr. Homer's practice focuses on advising clients of and representing clients in matters pertaining to regulatory compliance, especially in the areas of debt settlement, telemarketing, advertising, on-line giveaways, and travel services.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder, Mr. Homer worked for another large, Florida-based firm, where his practice involved the representation of financial institutions and mortgage lenders in connection with actions involving alleged violations of various consumer protection statutes and regulations, including, but not limited to: Truth in Lending Act; Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act; and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.
Mr. Homer has completed legal internships with the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) in Boca Raton, Florida and with the Honorable Kenneth A. Marra, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Regulatory Compliance
- Travel Services
- Marine Brokerage
- United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- Articles and Comments Editor, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review
- Cum Laude, University of Miami School of Law
- Chief Presiding Officer, University of Miami School of Law Honor Council
- Emory University B.A. in Political Science (2003)
- University of Miami School of Business Administration, M.B.A. (2007)
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (2007)
- Florida Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012