A member of Greenspoon Marder’s Litigation Practice Group, Ms. Somerstein concentrates her practice on civil litigation, including, but not limited to, commercial, construction, zoning, environmental, and land use. Ms. Somerstein also has experience with matters regarding intellectual property, first amendment and equal protection litigation. Further, Ms. Somerstein is a certified U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate. As a LEED Green Associate*, Ms. Somerstein has expertise in the area of green design, construction and operations as well as an understanding of green building practices, principles and the LEED Rating Systems.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Somerstein was a Law Clerk at a full-service law firm. She was formerly a Dean’s Fellow Teaching Assistant and a Research Assistant at the University of Miami School of Law. She also served as a Legal Intern at Legal Art, Miami.
Ms. Somerstein is admitted to The Florida Bar and earned her Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, from the University of Miami School of Law (2009), and her Bachelor of Arts from Emory University (2006). While at the University of Miami, Ms. Somerstein was the Writing Editor of the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review and received the Grey Quill Award for Most Outstanding Law Review Article of the Year. Ms. Somerstein also earned the high honors Book Award in both Trial Advocacy and Intellectual Property.
*LEED Green Associate and the LEED Green Associate logo are trademarks owned by the U.S. Green Building Council and are awarded to individuals under license by the Green Building Certification Institute.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Miami School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Art History, Emory University, 2006
- Certified LEED Green Associate, U.S. Green Building Council, 2011
- Broward County Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- Silver Knight Alumni Association
- South Florida Emory Alumni Association
- University of Miami School of Law Young Alumni Committee