Ellen Gilmore is a member of Greenspoon Marder's Corporate and Tax Law Groups. She has more than 14 years of transactional experience representing business clients and entities throughout their formations, expansions, operations, sales, and liquidations. Ms. Gilmore's transactional practice includes general and complex agreements for businesses, their owners, employees and operations, as well as representation of both borrowers and creditors with respect to asset-based lending transactions. In addition to transactional matters, Ms. Gilmore is experienced in tax planning and representation of clients before the Florida Department of Revenue and Internal Revenue Service. She has her Master of Laws in tax, has clerked with the U.S. Tax Court, and assists clients in all areas of tax planning and tax issues.
Prior to joining Greenspoon Marder in 2003, Ms. Gilmore worked for an Atlanta, Georgia firm in the Federal and International Tax Practice. She also clerked at the U.S. Tax Court for Judge Halpern, Judge Chabot, and Judge Colvin.
- Assisted purchasers and sellers of businesses, including mergers and acquisitions.
- Counseled clients on all forms of entity formations, including corporations, professional associations, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies (both domestic and foreign).
- Represented multiple financial institutions as lenders in asset-based loan transactions and forbearance agreements.
- Represented franchisors and franchisees.
- Assisted clients in protecting their intellectual property rights, including securing trademarks, service marks and license agreements.
- Counseled numerous clients for syndications and preparation of private offering circulars.
- Defended clients in tax audits and protests before the Internal Revenue Service and Florida Department of Revenue.
- Assisted clients to prepare buy-sell agreements, including shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, and operating agreements to plan for business successions, financial needs and disputes.
- State of Florida
- State of Georgia
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, Bachelor of Science Management, A.B. Freeman School of Business
- George Washington University School of Law – Washington, District of Columbia, Juris Doctor 1996
- Georgetown University School of Law – Washington, District of Columbia, Master of Laws in Taxation 1997