With over 30 years of experience, David Weisman is one of a select group of attorneys recognized by The Florida Bar as being a Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer. It is the highest such rating of an attorney's special knowledge, skills, and proficiency in a specific area of law and for professionalism and ethics in practice. He also has earned the Martindale Hubbell Law Directory's AV® Preeminent™ rating, a peer recognition of the highest levels of competence and ethics.
Mr. Weisman's practice encompasses a wide range of commercial and residential real estate transactions and commercial leasing matters, no matter how complex. He represents individual buyers and sellers, investors, developers, and lenders. In addition, he offers his clients representation in various corporate and business matters, purchases and sales of businesses, shareholder and partnership agreements, joint venture and participation agreements, as well as various contract matters.
Mr. Weisman is a published author and frequent lecturer for The Florida Bar and American Bar Association on issues relating to real estate transactions, leasing agreements, and contract matters. Through his work with The Florida Bar, he has helped to author statutory revisions and worked to test and certify real estate specialists. Mr. Weisman joined Greenspoon Marder in 2005, with the merger of Abrams Anton, P.A. of Hollywood, Florida, where he had practiced since 1982.
- Transactional practice, including: commercial and residential real estate closings; tax deferred exchanges; developer representation; structuring construction of affordable housing; title examination and insurance; mortgage loan closings for lenders and borrowers; small business closings; workouts; and miscellaneous contract disputes.
- Commercial lease practice, including: negotiating; drafting and reviewing leases; representation of shopping center; retail; industrial and office landlords and tenants; and statutory revision.
- Property related litigation, including: high volume mortgage foreclosure practice; quiet title; eviction; and partition actions.
- Title insurance claims resolution for title underwriters, including: removing or curing complex clouds on title; clearing questionable title through negotiation or quiet title
- Corporate and business matters, including: shareholder and partnership agreements; joint venture and participation agreements; purchases and sales of businesses; employment agreements; construction agreements; and various contract work.
- Probate administration; wills
Bar Admissions and Activities:
- The Florida Bar, Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer
- August, 1987, Renewed: August, 1992, August, 1997, August 2002, August 2007
- The Florida Bar, Real Property Section:
- Executive Council Circuit Representative (17th Cir.), 1993-2003
- Landlord Tenant committee, 1987-present
- Liaison with Real Estate Brokers committee
- Grievance Committee 2001-2003
- Real Estate Certification committee, 2007-2010
- South Broward Bar Association President, 1990-91
- American Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section
- Commercial and Industrial Leasing Group
- Emerging Issues Committee
- Transfer of Interest Committee
- University of Florida School of Law, J.D., December 1978
- University of Miami, B.B.A., Accounting Major, With Honors, May 1976
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Attorneys' Real Estate Council of Broward County
- President, 2003-2004
- Vice President, 2002-2003
- Secretary, 2001-2002
- Attorneys Title Insurance Fund Inc.
- Broward County Advisory Team, 1984-1993
- Chairman, 1990-1991
- Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Board of Directors, 1990-1997; Legal Counsel, 1992-1995
- Realtors Commercial Alliance
- Fort Lauderdale Board of Realtors, 2009-present
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."