Chad S. Paiva joined Greenspoon Marder in September 2008, and is a partner with Greenspoon Marder's Bankruptcy, and Debtor and Creditor Rights group. He has more than 20 years of experience representing individual and corporate creditors and debtors in state court collection, state court assignment and federal court bankruptcy proceedings. Mr. Paiva's practice focuses primarily on representing institutional and private lenders, and commercial landlords in chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings, representing non-consumer debtors in chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings, and defending voidable transfer actions in both state and federal bankruptcy court. Mr. Paiva is an occasional lecturer on bankruptcy and related topics and was the featured bankruptcy lecturer at the Wachovia Bank National Recovery Conference in 2006.
- Obtained dismissal or relief from stay for secured lenders in multiple single asset chapter 7 and/or chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Negotiated deed in lieu of foreclosure for lender with no personal guaranty in chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Negotiated 100% payment plans for secured lenders in multiple chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Negotiated substantial distributions for institution lenders with unliquidated real estate deficiency claims in multiple chapter 11 and chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
- Obtained relief from stay for commercial landlords in multiple chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Obtained relief from stay for secured institutional and private commercial and residential real estate lenders in hundreds chapter 7, chapter 11 and chapter 13 bankruptcy cases throughout the State of Florida.
- Assisted multiple distressed individual debtors discharge millions of dollars of debt through the chapter 7 bankruptcy process.
- Assisted multiple real estate owners in negotiating short sales and deeds in lieu of foreclosure with deficiency waivers.
- Assisted multiple companies and individuals with negotiated out of court unsecured debt workouts saving them hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida
- Martin County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association
- University of Delaware, 1985 (B.A.A.S.)
- University of Miami, 1988 (J.D. w/ honors)
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."