Mr. Turner is a member of Greenspoon Marder’s Bankruptcy Practice Group and joins the Firm from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida. Here, he served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Robert A. Mark (2010), where he assisted Judge Mark with matters under advisement and updates to the Collier’s Chapter on 11 U.S.C. § 503, which the Judge authored. Formerly, Mr. Turner also served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Laurel M. Isicoff (2008), where he was responsible, among other things, for researching and drafting a section of a Chapter 13 treatise, authored by Judge Isicoff.
Mr. Turner earned his law degree at Florida International University (FIU) College of Law (J.D. 2010). At the College of Law, he founded the FIU Bankruptcy Law Association and served as its president. He is also the cofounder of the FIU Consumer Bankruptcy Clinic, where, under the supervision of attorneys, he represented debtors in federal bankruptcy proceedings. During his time with the Bankruptcy Clinic, he garnered experience in client intake and consultation; preparation of bankruptcy petitions, schedules and pleadings pertinent to adversary proceedings; legal analysis; and researching, writing and arguing motions and memoranda before the Court. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he earned his bachelor’s in Political Science (B.A., 2007).
Mr. Turner is admitted to The Florida Bar and is a member of the Bar’s Young Lawyers Division and Business Law Section, as well as a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida, and the Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach County Chapter. He is licensed to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- J.D., Florida International University College of Law, 2010
- B.A., Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2007
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach County Chapter
- The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division, and Business Law Section
- Carolina Center for Jewish Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Board of Trustees