As a member of the firm’s Litigation and Mediation Practice Groups, Mr. McHugh concentrates his practice in the area of commercial, banking, real estate, probate, trust and appellate litigation. His client base is diverse and includes banks, savings and loan associations, developers, landlords, tenants, estates, large and small corporations and government-related clients.
Mr. McHugh handles a wide range of matters for clients and has extensive experience in Uniform Commercial Code and other business and banking disputes, construction liens, landlord/tenant, foreclosure of mortgages and liens in personal property, legal research, evidentiary and civil procedure issues, other contract disputes and debtor/creditor disputes. Mr. McHugh's experience in these and other areas enables him to advise business and professional clients in connection with many types of disputes which they generally encounter.
Mr. McHugh is certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as a Circuit Court Mediator. Although he vigorously pursues his clients’ litigation interests, he is sensitive to opportunities to provide Alternative Dispute Resolution to assist clients in reaching a favorable out-of-court settlement where desired.
Mr. McHugh has served as Director and legal counsel for the Pompano Beach Chamber of Commerce, a member of Leadership North Broward Alumni, President of Pompano Proud, Inc., a Director of the Pompano Beach Rotary Club, a Vice Chairman of the Pompano Beach Vision 2000+ Steering Committee, a Director of the Broward Alliance and the Pompano Beach Economic Development Council.
Mr. McHugh is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- J.D., with high honors, Florida State University, 1985
- B.A., cum laude, Harvard University, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- Broward County Bar Association
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."