Mr. Klein focuses his practice on domestic and foreign tax matters and planning, as well as estate planning, corporate and commercial transactions, health law and business matters.
As part of his tax and corporate practice, Mr. Klein has been involved in the structuring and documentation of executive compensation plans, qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plans, and welfare benefit plans for numerous employers.
In addition, he has been involved in the structuring and documentation of mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses in various industries.
In the area of health law, Mr. Klein has been involved in the negotiation, structuring and documentation of contracts among providers and payors, hospitals and physicians, and physician groups
Mr. Klein is Board Certified in Tax Law by The Florida Bar and is also an Adjunct Professor of Law in the Graduate Tax Program at the University of Miami. He co-authored "An Analysis of the Federal Income Tax Consequences of Severance Pay Plans Funded Through Section 501(c)(9) Trusts," Journal of Pension Planning and Compliance, and "Federal Gift and Estate Taxation of Group Term Life Insurance," Florida Bar Journal.
Mr. Klein is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Supreme Court of the State of Arizona
- U.S. Tax Court
- LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Miami, 1977
- J.D., cum laude, Arizona State University College of Law, 1975
- B.A., Pomona College, 1971
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."