Mr. Goorland serves as the Firm's General Counsel. In this capacity he handles all matters related to the Rules of Professional Conduct including conflicts of interest. A well-respected speaker, Mr. Goorland has made numerous presentations on professional ethics at seminars for attorneys. He became a Certified Public Accountant in 1972 (inactive as of 2008).
Prior to 1996, Mr. Goorland concentrated his practice in real estate law, representing clients in the acquisition, sale and construction of commercial real estate. His experience included negotiating and structuring those transactions and preparing related documents. He also has extensive background in representing clients regarding construction and permanent financing of real estate transactions, including the negotiation and documentation of construction loan agreements.
During Mr. Goorland's 30+ years of working with developers, builders, lenders, architects, engineers, surveyors and various governmental agencies, Mr. Goorland also handled complex lease transactions and developed a thorough background in real property title matters. His extensive experience in the area enabled him to find practical solutions to his clients' legal problems. In addition, he regularly appeared before governmental bodies in connection with needed governmental approvals.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 1971
- B.A., University of South Florida, 1968
- Advisory Committee of the University of Miami Law Center's Institute on Real Property and Institute on Condominium and Cluster Developments
- Broward County Bar Association
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence."
- Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News & World Report, Real Estate, 2009-2012